Educational Material For Everything Alpaca
What better way to learn about alpacas than to watch a video produced on a working farm! Here you will find videos and articles on many subjects related to raising alpaca, be it breeding, birthing, cria care or building a barn, pasture management, farm design, or fiber felting, weaving and spinning. Long Acres Alpaca Farm is a working commercial alpaca farm and key to our operation is education and support for our clients and fellow alpaca breeders.
Click on a link to watch a video.
- Drawing Blood from Alpaca/Cria
- Feeding Tube Insertion
- Bottle Feeding Cria
- Microchip Insertion
- Rigid Heddle Loom Video Part I
- Rigid Heddle Loom Video Part II
- Rigid Heddle Loom Video Part III
- Rigid Heddle Loom Video Part IV
- Halter Training Day 1
- Halter Training Day 2
- Finalmente Halter Training Day 1
- Macie Halter Training Day 1
- Ingrid Halter Training Day 1
- Alpaca Herd Health
- Transfaunation of Gastric Rumen
You can also download various notes Sarah has written on popular alpaca veterinary topics.
- Notes on Alpaca Feed & Nutrition
- Notes on Breeding Alpacas
- Notes on Neck Injuries
- Notes on Showing Alpacas
- Notes on Vitamin D
- Notes on Joint Abnormalities in Crias
- Notes on Alpaca Herd Health Examinations
- Notes on Gastric Rumen Transfaunation
- Algorithm for Female Breeding Problems
Sarah spent part of her career as a Nurse Educator, so educating our clients and visitors comes naturally. We both enjoy sharing our knowledge, including what has not worked and what we would have done differently. Farmers and Ranchers are always welcome to spend time at the farm to learn something new or exchange ideas. Leading experts in the alpaca industry are occasionally engaged to lecture at Long Acres Alpaca Farm. Information about upcoming events and workshops will appear here as they are scheduled. Additionally, we are always available by phone, email, or text to help in any way possible.